Always specify the Australian Alloy number.
If unknown, quote a British Standard, American Society of Testing Materials
(ASTM), Unified Numbering System (UNS) or similar specification.
Otherwise, nominate the composition of the alloy required, type of fabricating
processes, and finished product.
2. Form. Indicate the type of material required:
Wire - Coiled, rounds, flats, special
Rod - Coiled, bars, flats, squares, hexagons, octagons, special shapes,
Strip - Coiled, cut lengths or circles
Foil - Coiled. (For coiled strip, coil size should be
Sheet - Coiled, sheets or
Plate - Dimensions and machining
Number, weight, or length required.
4. Size. Width, thickness, diameter, distance across flats, length (random, coiled, exact, etc.).
5. Tolerance. Standard tolerances will apply unless special arrangements are made for closer
6. Temper. Unless covered by specification, quote a hardness value - Vickers, Brinell, or
7. Delivery. Specify delivery date, special packaging, or method of transport required.
If you can not select the appropriate material, it is important that we have full details of the operations to be performed and the desired properties
required of your end product.
Attention to the above will assist us in providing efficient service to your demands.
Our aim is to provide the most efficient service to all of our customers.
To achieve this aim, we request your assistance at the time of inquiry or order by supplying the following details:
1. Alloy: Always specify the Australian Alloy number. However, if it is not possible to do so, quote a British Standard, American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM), or similar specification. Alternatively, nominate the composition of the alloy required, type of fabricating processes, and finished product.
2. Quantity: Weight or number of pieces or number of castings to be made from each pattern.
3. Patterns: Drawings and/or samples of the castings dimensions, tolerances and matching locations clearly marked (when applicable)
4. Production Method: State if the castings are to be produced by sand casting, die casting, continuous casting or centrifugal casting.
5. Finish: The amount of dressing and fettling required. The Finished Machine Size required.
6. Delivery: Specify delivery date, special packaging, or method of transport required
7. Any other requirements: See Australian Standard publications AS 1565-1985 or AS 2738-1984.